Who we are
At CHAPS we are committed to protecting any personal information that we collect about you and being transparent about what we do with it. This policy covers all the methods we use to collect information and covers what we collect, why we collect it and your rights regarding the information we hold on you.
We have written this policy in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation and any subsequent policies including Articles 12, 13 and 14 of the GDPR which takes effect from 25.05.2018. If you have any queries about it then please contact the Clinical Director at CHAPS, The Master Weavers House, Southfields, Dedham, Essex, CO7 6AH email [email protected] or call us on 01206 321253.
What information do we collect and why?
We will only collect the information that we need, this may include information to help us operate and improve our services and information.
- We collect information when you give it to us directly, this includes when you use any or all of our support services, communicate with us to enquire about our work or fill out a form on our website e.g. to register for an event or make a donation. We also collect information from people we meet at events.
- Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media platforms including Facebook or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Links to third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites that we think may be of interest to our website users. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies for these websites.
How do we use this information?
The type and quantity of information that we ask for and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. We will use your personal information to:
Provide you with the services, products or information that you have asked for
- To keep a record of our contact with you for administrative purposes or legal purposes, let you know about changes to our polices and if we need to respond to complaints or other issues
- To understand how we are performing and how we can improve our services to better support those who need us
- To process transactions, donations and claim Gift Aid
- To send direct marketing, including communications about our campaigns, fundraising and volunteering opportunities. This is only after you have told us that you would like to receive this information and you can change your mind at any time.
- To be able to carry out your wishes in relation to a gift in your will
Who do we share your information with?
We will not sell your details, however may occasionally share your information with carefully chosen third parties that we are working in partnership with and who are similarly involved in supporting better health outcomes for men.
We may also need to share your information if required to do so by law.
How do we store and protect your information?
We are committed to ensuring all personal data we collect is stored securely and have security measures in place to protect the data we collect and store. This includes using secure server software (SSL) to encrypt all financial details collected and ensuring only appropriately trained, authorised staff can access personal or sensitive data. We take every measure to ensure the information you give us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and that you are not contacted for any other reason than specified. We will only keep your information for as long as we need it and will always dispose of it securely when we do.
While we will do our best to ensure your data is kept secure, we cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system while you are using our website.
You have rights over your data and how we use it, this includes:
- The right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you.
- The right to have inaccurate information changed and for information to be erased or destroyed.
- If you would like to exercise these rights then please contact the Clinical Director at CHAPS, The Master Weavers House, Southfields, Dedham, Essex, CO7 6AH, email [email protected] or call us on 01206 321253. If personal details change, please do let us know.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time and any changes will appear on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy or how we use your data, please contact the Clinical Director at CHAPS, The Master Weavers House, Southfields, Dedham, Essex, CO7 6AH, email [email protected] or call us on 01206 321253. For further information please see the Information Commissioner’s Guidance at https://ico.org.uk/
Date last updated:
23rd May 2018